Monday, July 11, 2011

New house, new sewing room!

My reaction to a sewing machine. BEFORE picture.
  
 I have been sucked into the vortex of sewing. I am a self taught seamstress! Years before diving straight into this Ebay adventure I had been paralyzed by my own fear of creativity. I felt overwhelmed by the wealth of knowledge that I had yet to acquire regarding anything and everything involving a sewing machine. Sewing machines are not the least bit inviting.
I don't look cuddly and cute?
     I forced myself to learn how to alter and restore. "I cannot be defeated," I told myself. I started altering everything by hand. I still prefer to do alterations by hand, probably because I am a control freak. Unfortunately, I cannot control time and so the use of a sewing machine was/is necessary. Hours spent online researching and YouTube browsing, I feel confidant that I can bring an old piece of fabric back to life! Keep checking back as I have lots of alteration pictures coming soon!!!

Pretend the tiger is a sewing machine and the woman is me. That's how I feel about sewing machines now.


 Jessi-D
Currently from the Past Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment